Wednesday 29 December 2010

Bring me a dream



It's been a while since my last post, during which there's been plenty happening and at the same time practically nothing.

The more observant among you will have already noticed that I'm no longer a presenter on Jam1Online. I'd love to give you the reasons for this in detail, but the truth is I'm just as clueless about this turn of events as you are. In fact, I still haven't officially been told that I'm sacked - the last three or four 'communications' with the station were from me and still haven't been answered, go figure?

Anyway, I haven't been resting on my laurels and hope to make an announcement about my new station and shows early in the New Year.


In the meantime, let me tell you about Homeboy Sandman. I first stumbled upon his work about three years ago via thesixtyone, an interesting website that incentivizes it's users to seek out new/unknown music and, coincidently, the same place where I 'discovered' Ashy L Bowz, Kokayi, 100 Akres and others. The Queens' emcee is due to appear live on 22/01/11 at Koko, 1A Camden High Street, London NW1 7JE for Giles Peterson's Worldwide Awards.


Something else to look out for next year is the release of Fdot1's 'Money MusicK' the follow up to 'Part Of Me'. Fdot1, formerly known as Floriginul, has almost finished the new album featuring vocals by Stat-Us, 2Amplified, Malarchi, Dray Delta, Kyra Simone and Lil' Flo. Beats and production on the album is mainly by Fdot1 himself but also includes contributions from Vivid Beatz, Strat Carter and Malarchi.


If you want to hear how it sounds so far, you can visit Fdot1's Soundcloud page to listen to the snippets. Particular favourites of mine include 'She's So' (composed by Vivid Beatz), 'Luv Don't' feat. Kyra Simone and 'Make Sum Noise' feat. Malarchi and Dray Delta (and even Fdot1 will admit that Dray's verse rivals Luca Brazzi for deadliness). Just in case you haven't heard/heard of 2Amplified before, check out their video for 'A Woman's Scorn' below.


That's it for this post (and probably for this year too), so till the next time enjoy the festivities, enjoy your life and keep safe.

One Love, Spy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my post. I read all my comments before I post them so please be patient.

One Love, Spy!