Thursday 18 March 2010

DMCA takedown



I have had two of my blog posts removed (but not yet deleted) for copyright infringement. However, I haven't had any details with regard to whom I infringed upon or with which material. I can only presume its a track (or tracks) within the recordings of my radio show (and if so, I suspect I know the source of the complaint), therefore, until further notice I shall no longer post recordings of the show while I sort this out.

I would like to point out that I wasn't aware that podcasts of my legitimate radio broadcasts (http://www.jam1online.com is registered with the UK Radio Authority) could be considered as copyright infringements. I know that ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law, but I genuinely didn't know that I was doing anything wrong/illegal.

I will continue to post track lists and, now that I've started, the spotlight feature of artists whose work gets played in my shows, but for now at least if you want to hear the shows you'll have to listen to them live.

I apologise to whoever it was that entered the complaint and hope the swift action of Blogger/Google, combined with this explanation will go toward alleviating your distress.

One Love, Spy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my post. I read all my comments before I post them so please be patient.

One Love, Spy!